Cryptocurrency Debit Cards are growing in popularity. Companies like BitPay, Wirex, and Ternio offer cards to crypto holders today, while companies like Binance and BlockFi are working on releasing their own. This new breed of “Crypto Cards” offers convenience and accessibility for the cardholder, plus are often cheaper for the consumer when needing to convert to FIAT currencies.
Merchants also benefit by not having to accept cryptocurrencies with high volatility, but rather collect FIAT through leveraging the existing VISA or MasterCard payment systems.
The BlockCard is one of the most feature robust and versatile crypto debit cards on the market. It is made by US-based company Ternio. BlockCard offers a number of interesting features, from the user onboarding process to functionality on the card. Consumer experience is very important as users want
Unique BlockCard Features:
- Instant Signup Approval. Most crypto cards require the user to pass KYC review and BlockCard is no different, but there is no waiting for approval. You can have a virtual card in just a few minutes if you are approved.
- Two unique cards. Users get a virtual BlockCard upon approval, but also get a plastic card mailed to their house. All users get 2 cards and each has its own card number.
- Mobile Pay. Sync BlockCard with Apple, Google, or Samsung pay to use with your mobile phone or smartwatch.
- Cash to Crypto. Users can go to national retailers like Walmart or CVS to deposit cash directly onto their BlockCard to get cash into crypto.
- The Best Rewards Program. The BlockCard rewards program wins. It offers unlimited 6.38% crypto back on all merchant spending. The most rewards on the market.
TERN Staking for Crypto Back Rewards:
The BlockCard rewards program is the most generous on the market at up to 6.38% crypto back rewards. Rewards programs are not new, but most have limits on the number of rewards a consumer can earn are often restricted to total dollar amounts or certain categories. BlockCard enables users to earn crypto back rewards by staking TERN. Users can earn 1% back by staking 30,000 TERN all the way up to 6% back by staking 145,000 TERN.
BlockCard spenders also earn rewards on the rewards they already earned. This is how you are able to earn an additional 0.38% back. TERN can be spent just like FIAT on BlockCard and there is no conversion process required to get these benefits. If you spend $1,000 a month on BlockCard, you would get back $63.80. Over the course of a year, that’s $765.60 just for using BlockCard.
BlockCard Public Opinion:
Reviews on BlockCard have been mainly positive from crypto debit card review sites, to social media, and consumer review. User “Walter” on TrustPilot said BlockCard was “The Best Bitcoin Debit Card you can get.” Most users liked the convenience of the card, great rewards, and low fees. A positive customer service experience was something that appeared often as well.
However, not all feedback was positive. Some criticisms of BlockCard include:
- No mobile application for iOS or Android
- No metal card offering. Only plastic or virtual is available
- No availability outside of the United States.
- User balances can fluctuate with the crypto market.
A stable-coin option for users would be a great addition to BlockCard. While BlockCard is a great use for the TERN currency, some users may prefer to avoid crypto price speculation and keep assets in the non-fluctuating currency for their everyday spending.
Ternio has produced one of the best crypto debit cards on the market with its BlockCard. Between robust features, versatile functionality, and a generous rewards program, BlockCard is a solid choice for any crypto holder looking for a way to spend their cryptocurrency. Consumer reviews on BlockCard are ultimately positive, but it would be nice to see additional options like to see a stable-coin option for users to spend. Staking TERN and benefiting from the 6.38% crypto-back rewards is something all BlockCard holders should do.
You can sign up for BlockCard at GetBlockCard.com
Disclaimer: This is a paid post and should not be considered as news/advice.